We are in St. Thomas. It is beautiful and hot here. Luna and I have been to the beach four times since we arrived on Monday. We have seen some pretty large iguanas. The campus is gorgeous. Our little apartment is actually a good size for us. We can see the beach, water and the planes coming in from our balcony.
Everyone here has been amazingly helpful. From strangers to University staff. We chose a local company for our car rental. The woman used to homeschool her kids and has just been licensed in Reiki. She also knows many of the alternative health care professionals here including the person who does Cranial Sacral on children. She is hooking me up with the homeschool community. What a score with just a car rental.
One of the other new professors who just moved in next door to us has a daughter age 10. They are moving here from Maine and homeschool as well. His wife and daughter aren't here yet but will be in a couple of weeks. They are waiting for the cold weather to hit maine.
I could tell you about so much more but I have very little time right now for that information. Below is our phone # in our faculty housing apartment. Feel free to call me there as right now I have minimal cell phone capabilities as T-mobile doesn't really work here.
No comments:
Post a Comment