We have found what is considered cheap gas on the island. It is $3.00 a gallon. Which is $.50 cheaper than anywhere else. But here is the fun part about it. It is full serve, premium gas. Everyone has been telling us about this place. What they didn't say is it is gas bought for businesses to use. So when I went to pay and they asked me where I worked. I asked if I had to have a job to buy the gas. I said the driver works at the University. So they put down the university. All very strange but wonderful. Cause now we get what is relatively cheap gas and we don't have to pump it ourselves!!!!
This past week has been a little crazy. We are working hard on changing the weather so that our dog, Sadie can catch a plane to come here and be with us. She is just going to love it. The beach within walking distance of our apt. has a couple of dogs that visit. So it seems like a dog on the beach is allowed.
I got a new job for four hours last night. I was stuffing envelopes to help out the alumni fundraising campaign. It was a lot of fun. And the people were just great to work with. I can't wait til they need more help. Who knew stuffing envelopes would be my desired new career. But I had adult conversation, no whining, or temper tantrums or anyone who knew my name well enough to call me for things over and over and over and over and over again. It was a wonderful break for me. Steven on the other hand took the kids to run errands and for dinner and then had to do bedtime. He was pretty much beat by the time I got home last night.
We are looking for a place live. It turns out a one bedroom apartment after a month gets really hard. WE have been here a month. And we are still enjoying the place. So this one bedroom apartment feels a bit like we are on vacation constantly. And I am feeling ready to get settled with being able to unpack boxes and have my own cooking materials and space to cook in etc. Things I never thought would be that important.
And our cat has been in her first cat fight here that we are aware of. She fought or more like she tried to run from, a beautiful black cat. Not a large one but feral. It turns out that all the outside cats around here are stray, wild cats. They fight to the death as our new vet put it. Coco was bit so hard on her back leg that she couldn't walk and she wouldn't eat for days. Fortunately, nothing was broken. And that I had chosen to go to the bathroom (located near the front door where the cats were fighting) at the time the fight started. I heard them but couldn't quite get up. When I did get up I threw the front door open and began calling for coco very loudly. I then ran inside for the flashlight. Which I guess is when the black cat started her flee from our home. I flashed the light on her. She stood very still and waited. Coco finally came out of hiding and I took her right inside. Now Coco is going to be an inside cat. We will see how she likes. I hear from a friend that they have very short term memory about things of the past. So she may forget she likes to be outside all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment