Thursday, September 23, 2010

Out of time

I am not really out of time just almost out of minutes. In the 7 or so years of having a cell phone this has never happened to me before. Since leaving the mainland for the island I have mainly just used my cell phone. It is easier and it actually gets better reception than our home phone. Also our home phone doesn't call long distance. I have ~90 left for the next week. So if you are interested in talking to me feel free to call my home phone. Or wait until after 9pm my time and/or the weekend. Those are when my free minutes come around:)

Another new thing in life is we don't buy all organic. It is a huge change for me but I am accepting it as much as possible. Many of the moms I have talked to on island have given up organic completely. Not sure that will ever be me but who knows. It does get expensive and we are having to shop around for items. My mom is even sending me a care package as if I were away at camp or something. In case you desire to do the same thing here is our list of needs:)

nutritional yeast
organic popcorn kernels
organic fair trade dark chocolate chips
organic agave nectar
organic fair trade coffee (whole beans)
wheat gluten

It isn't a long list. But if I included all the frozen and dairy products we cant' get it would be a very long list. Actually the most exciting news at the playground this week is the milk now being sold at the PriceMart. You can actually get Horizon organic whole milk and it is pretty cheap relatively speaking, only $4 a carton. We haven't shopped at pricemart yet and are doing ok without buying milk. But talk about the excitement it created at the playground:)

The other excitement at the playground was Luna reading a book to all the little ones. It was rather impressive. She held it up properly so all could see while reading upside down. Many of the moms were also impressed and wanted to know how i taught her to read. I told them honestly it was all her. She is the best educator in the house. Sol also read to everyone. He was very cute trying to copy his older sister.

I am off to eat the very ripe soursop we have. Hope all is well in everyone else's life.

much love,
Shana

No comments:

Post a Comment