Saturday, April 9, 2011

In my next life…

My blog is supposed to be about my life in the Caribbean. Well since moving to the Caribbean I think about my next life more than I did living in Austin. So I am going to count it as a Caribbean blog post.

I keep thinking about my next life. Mostly because I am so tired all the time from the typical being a mom of a toddler sleep deprivation. But also a home school mom who has no real set vacations, days off, or time off during the day from my job. It is truly a 24 hour, 7 days a week job. When I lived in Austin I had a great support group that made it so much easier to get the needed breaks that a 9-5 job might have as a part of it. But I don’t have that here yet so I am pretty much feeling overloaded and exhausted.

In my next life I am going to be a traveler. Not just a traveler, a spiritual traveler. I am going to do whatever jobs I choose whenever I want or need a bit of cash. I am going to live anywhere and everywhere I have ever desired. I am going to immerse myself in the culture, traditions and spiritual community of that area. I will live in each location as long as I desire. Most likely 6 months to a year depending on how expensive the location is and how easy it is to get around and find jobs. In my next life I am going to write a book about all these travels and communities. Not as an anthropologist or other academically based profession but as a human. It will be more like a memoir or diary or pages and pages of epiphanies. In my next life I will have many partners to fulfill my many needs all over the world. They will all be friends and companions. I am sure I will still have this one person that I meet up with year after year after year that I feel the most comfortable and connected to. And this one person will last over time. I will not populate the earth with my own children, keeping with even more of a need to be environmental. As I am sure we will not have made enough changes to heal the earth yet by my next life. But I will be in a position to give funding to support all those children I connect with along my path. Children who may not have the same resources and privileges in life that I will have had will now have some of the same opportunities for education and resources.

I will spend my life free of responsibilities to anyone else but myself while still maintaining empathy and the desire to give. I will not be narcissistic but respectful of my own needs and boundaries. As I will have chosen this life and will enjoy it thoroughly. In my next life I will be able to eat when I am hungry and the food is still hot, sleep when I am tired all by myself if I wish, I plan to go where I want when I want with no one around to complain about it being boring. Or get to leave if I am bored.

In my next life…

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautifully written piece. I hope it comes true.

    ReplyDelete