And so does yours. But not as much as mine. You know that thing you use in the car when another driver cuts you off. Not the naughty language or finger gestures even though that goes right along with it. I am referring to your car horn. You know that thing is really useful. It’s Iike the mouth of the car. Well at least here on the island it is.
I LOVE IT!!!!. Honking the horn is one of my most favorite parts of driving here. I love how often I get to use it. I use it when I get to the bottom of my driveway to let everyone around know I am pulling out. I use it around every corner to let you know I am coming around the bend. I use it to say to the other car “you can go.” I use it to say “thank you” for letting me go. I use it to say “hi” to someone on the streets. Well actually it means, “good morning, good afternoon or good evening” depending on the time of day I use itJ
It really is a shame on the mainland that the horn isn’t used more often. It might save us from some of that road rage you don’t really see here. Or from having to remove a hand from the steering wheel to wave a thank you or other not so nice hand gestures so often utilized by US drivers.
The car horn is an extremely underappreciated tool for every day life.
No comments:
Post a Comment