Friday, January 14, 2011

What goes up must come down?!!!!!

Well that is what I thought gravity was about until New Years Eve in St.

Thomas. I actually went to bed early. I was exhausted from our recent

trip to Atlanta. But around midnight I woke up to gunfire. At first I

thought it was the typical gang and drug related shootings that happen a

couple of times a week. But not this time. This time it continued for

about a half hour before subsiding. Shooting guns into the air is what

replaces fireworks, balls dropping, peaches dropping etc. in St. Thomas.


But here is where I get stumped. As I have not seen any gun related

deaths in the paper. If the people are shooting their guns towards the

sky. And they shoot the gun off about five times in a row. I think that

might be close to a whole round, right? Then where do the bullets go? I

mean gravity has me believing that what goes up must come down. Yet,

since there are no fatalities where are the bullets going? Do they have

some special super power that works against gravity? Is it because we

are so close the equator that what goes up stays up? And if that is the

case why do things fall into the bush below when Sol throws them over

the patio?


I find this all very disconcerting. Especially since I have taken it for

granted that gravity exists. And if it doesn't then what else doesn't

really hold up that I have learned over the years? Is Ben and Jerry's

really the best ice cream around? I could be wrong about this as I have

always thought they were. But if there is no gravity then maybe Fairies

really do run the world and my dog does have a higher IQ than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment